Advisor F-account's trading permission
To add permissions on F-accounts, registered advisors have to first make sure their qualifications. Then edit trading experience in the Financial Information panel. In order to get permissions in the "Investment Experience" section.
Making sure your professional advisor qualification
1. Please log in to your IB AM https://cdcdyn.interactivebrokers.com/sso/Login?RL=1
2. Click Settings > Account Settings > Professional Advisor Qualification. Select a "Friends and Family" or "Advisor" and list a website address optionally. Then, click "Continue."
3. If you are an advisor, select your product qualification, then click "Continue."
4. Review your qualification details and make changes as needed, then click "Continue."
5. Review your Advisor Qualification details, then click "Continue."
6. The Completion screen appears. Click “OK” to return.
Edit trading experience
1. In the "Investment Experience" section, update your selections as required. Remember, different products require different levels of experience. Click Settings > Account Settings. On the Manage Account screen, view your current financial information displayed in the Financial Information panel.
2. Click the Configure (gear) icon.
3. In the Configure Financial Information section, update the information as required.
4. In the Source of Wealth section, click the +ADD A SOURCE OF WEALTH button, select a source of wealth, indicate if this source will fund your account, then enter the percentage of your account that will be funded from this source. Enter any notes to provide a description for this source. Repeat for each additional source of wealth.
5. In the Investment Objectives and Intended Purpose of Trading section, update your selections as required by clicking the boxes.
6. In the Investment Experience section, update your selections as required. Remember, different products require different levels of experience.
7. Click CONTINUE and Verify the updated information and then click CONTINUE.
8. If you do not participate in the Secure Login System for two-factor authentication, you will receive an email with a confirmation number. Enter the confirmation number sent to you via email, then click CONTINUE. If you have not received a confirmation number, click Request Confirmation Number to have a new confirmation number sent to your email address. Finally, click OK.